Originally published in EDI Journal 1/2019
European Journal for Dental Implantologists
Implementation of One Health in undergraduate education
Working together from curricula to practice
One Health is a concept that recognises interlinks between human health, animal health and the environment. The value of the One Health holistic approach is undisputed when it comes to tackling different challenges to public and animal health.
Academics, students, professionals and policy makers were engaged in lively discussions about One Health in Paris on 5 December 2018. Participants exchanged their views about the value and necessity for working together on a common understanding of the One Health concept and on promoting interdisciplinary collaboration starting from universities.
The European associations representing medical doctors, dentists, veterinarians and their students – among the Council of European Dentists – remain committed partners for future actions to be undertaken towards the implementation of the One Health approach in education and practice and call on academics and policy makers at national and European level:
• to work on the development of a clear definition to ensure a common understanding of the One Health concept;
• to foster exchanges between medical, dental and veterinary schools under the One Health approach;
• to work together on One Health Competences;
• to support and ensure the continuation of this open debate;
• to support the further investigation of implementation of One Health interdisciplinary education of doctors, dentists and veterinarians.
Source: Council of European Dentists (CED)
Please see PDF http://www.onehealthinitiative.com/publications/edi_01_19_n_ced_one_low.pdf for full article.
Permission to post on One Health Initiative website granted March 19, 2019 by:
Isabel Lamberty ∙ Redaktion | Editor EDI Journal teamwork media GmbH ∙ Hauptstr. 1 ∙ 86925 Fuchstal ∙ Germany
Fon +49 8243 9692-32 ∙ Fax +49 8243 9692-22 ∙ email@example.com
Geschäftsführer/Managing Director Uwe Gösling
Sitz der Gesellschaft Fuchstal | Amtsgericht Augsburg HRB 14984