“... The four organisations released a statement in December 2021 stating: “‘One Health’ stands for an integrative and systemic approach to health, grounded on the understanding that human health is closely linked to the healthiness of food, animals and the environment, and the healthy balance of their impact on the ecosystems they share, everywhere in the world."
The work of the newly-expanded alliance will be focused on a One Health Joint Plan of Action, which includes six main action tracks:
- enhancing countries’ capacity to strengthen health systems under a One Health approach;
- reducing the risks from emerging or resurfacing zoonotic epidemics and pandemics;
- controlling and eliminating endemic zoonotic, neglected tropical or vector-borne diseases;
- strengthening the assessment, management and communication of food safety risks;
- curbing the silent pandemic of antimicrobial resistance (AMR); and
- better integrating the environment into the One Health approach. ...”