Public Health Vaccines and Crozet BioPharma proudly sponsor and endorse the One Health Initiative.
The One Health concept is a worldwide strategy for expanding interdisciplinary collaborations and communications in all aspects of health care for humans, animals and the environment. The synergism achieved will advance health care for the 21st century and beyond by accelerating biomedical research discoveries, enhancing public health efficacy, expeditiously expanding the scientific knowledge base, and improving medical education and clinical care. When properly implemented, it will help protect and save untold millions of lives in our present and future generations.
- One Health promotes a multidisciplinary and holistic approach to address emerging and zoonotic diseases
- The One Health Initiative seeks to bridge human medicine, veterinary medicine, and the environmental sciences in surveillance, research, prevention and control of zoonotic diseases with complex life cycles
- One Health principles are now established as a mainstream component of public health
- All diseases targeted by CEPI for new vaccine development1 and included on the WHO Blueprint list of Priority Diseases2 are zoonotic diseases that underscore the importance of One Health
- Nipah virus disease is a prime example of the need to coordinate veterinary, human, and wildlife disease experts