One Health: Reducing Disease Risk
- Disease risks are a growing threat to human health and species survival
• Changes in ecosystems and contact with wildlife and other animals are driving risks
• A One Health approach is essential to help identify and reduce sources of risk to prevent disease more proactively; conservation authorities have a key role to play
• The Guidelines for Prevention, Detection, Response, and Recovery from Disease Risks provide practical guidance for governments and site managers.
- SEE: https://www.iucn.org/resources/policy-brief/one-health-reducing-disease-risk